Monday 17 March 2014

Sunday in Pietermaritzburg including a birthday #IBMCSC South Africa

Following the excitement of Durban on Saturday, Sunday was a quiet day affording the chance to catch up on some email, take a stroll round the mall, do some blogging and even getting to sit by the pool for a bit and do some reading. That is until I was distracted by the birds nest building in the trees and had to pop off to get my camera.
 Nest building in tree close to where I was sitting reading

Once I had the camera in hand I also took the chance to photograph some of the lovely fresh growth on the ferns. I love the way the new growth emerges in a spiral form.

Fern frond detail in hotel garden Fern frond detail in hotel garden


It was also the birthday of my fellow team member Dan so some celebrations were in order. Along with 2 others Dan had spent an extra night in Durban so this gave the team members back at the hotel a chance to prepare a welcome back for him with a Happy Birthday banner, some SuperHero theme items and a nice cake which we all got to enjoy.

Blowing out the candles

Thanks to one of the team having an instant camera with them we were also able to take photos of all of the team members and write our birthday wishes to Dan.

IBMer "superhero" cards... collect all 10

No comments:

Post a Comment