Tuesday 13 October 2009

1st Invention Plateau award

Earlier this year I reached my first IBM Invention Plateau -I was a co-inventor of 2 ideas which have been submitted to the US patent office and 6 other ideas which, though novel, weren't deemed worthy to attempt to patent and were hence published through ip.com.

As this is my first plateau I qualified for an "IBM non monetary award" in addition to the regular plateau cash award.  This turned out to be a choice from an online catalog with a range of gifts.  I made my choice, placed the order and it duly made its way across the Atlantic to be with me. Box arrives .  I'd chosen a Bob Mackie luggage set and am pleased to say that having opened it up it looks very good - there was one worrying black screw loose in amongst the packaging but can't find anywhere that it's come out of so guess it's just there to puzzle me. Suitcases and Pisces luggage tag
Sadly, look as I might, I couldn't find a number anywhere on the packaging that would help me towards my photo challenge :-( It did however come with a nice small brass luggage tag with the Pisces logo on it (can you spot it in the picture?) - the same logo that appears on any invention related certificates you receive at IBM. Next step...get my thinking cap on, have some more good ideas and see if I can work my way up to the next plateau....

No comments:

Post a Comment